History buffs will enjoy exploring Homestead, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights around the area include Zoo Miami, Dadeland Mall, and Frost Art Museum.
- You'll find 1991 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Miami
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (MIA-Miami Intl.), 24.3 mi (39 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base), 27 mi (43.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Homestead
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: Seminole Wayside Park, Modello Wayside Park, and J.D. Redd Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Homestead Town Square is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Live Like Bella Park and Coral Castle Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Homestead. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Miami Homestead - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead - Our customers like the WiFi and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South/Homestead - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Zoo Miami, located 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Dadeland Mall, which is 16.8 mi/27 km away.
Dressing for Homestead
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- About 58.23 inches of rain falls on Homestead each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 56°F