Visiting Miami Lakes
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Miami Lakes, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Aventura Mall, PortMiami, and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- You'll find 2037 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Miami
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (OPF-Opa Locka Executive), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MIA-Miami Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Miami Lakes
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Aventura Mall, PortMiami, and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hard Rock Stadium and Frost Art Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Miami Lakes. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Miami Lakes by Marriott - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Shula's Hotel & Golf Club - This 3.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Weston Town Center, 12.1 mi/19.5 km from the heart of the city, and Miracle Mile, which is 13.4 mi (21.5 km) away.
Dressing for Miami Lakes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 59°F at night
- About 61.02 inches of rain falls on Miami Lakes each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 59°F