Visiting Key Largo
Travelers to Key Largo give high marks for the bustling marina and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting.
- There are 132 hotels and other accommodations in Key Largo
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (MIA-Miami Intl.), 49.5 mi (79.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base), 50.5 mi (81.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Key Largo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunsets and such places to visit as John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park and Biscayne National Park. Top activities include dolphin watching and boating, while Bluefin Rock Harbor Marina is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dolphins Plus and Dolphins Plus Bayside.
In Key Largo, you'll be able to select from 132 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dolphin Point Villas - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this resort. This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Coconut Bay Resort Key Largo - This 2-star guesthouse features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its clean and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Key Largo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 55°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 57°F at night
- Key Largo gets about 58.23 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 56°F