Visiting Fort Dodge
Families enjoy visiting Fort Dodge though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, museums, and soccer matches.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Dodge
- The closest major airport is in Fort Dodge, IA (FOD-Fort Dodge Regional), 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Dodge
Cultural venues in the city include Fort Museum, Blanden Memorial Art Museum, and Wilson Brewer Historic Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Webster City Country Club and Sunkissed Meadows Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Fort Dodge. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Humboldt - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, quiet rooms.
- Cobblestone Inn & Suites – Fort Dodge - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Fort Dodge - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Fort Dodge
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 9°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Dodge is 35.63 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°F