Visiting Fort Worth Stockyards
History buffs will enjoy exploring Fort Worth Stockyards, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its live music, bars, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Billy Bob's Texas and Stockyards Station.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Worth Stockyards
- The closest major airport is in Fort Worth, TX (FTW-Meacham Intl.), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Worth Stockyards
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Fort Worth Stockyards Visitor Center, Stockyards Museum, and Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Billy Bob's Texas, Fort Worth Stockyards Historic District, and Fort Worth Herd. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Stockyards Station is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Fort Worth Stockyards. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Stockyards Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a nightclub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard Fort Worth Historic Stockyards - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Historic Stockyards - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Sundance Square, located 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Fort Worth Convention Center, which is 2.8 mi/4.6 km away.
Dressing for Fort Worth Stockyards
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 35.98 inches of rain falls on Fort Worth Stockyards each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 36°F