Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tyler, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment choices.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Tyler
- The closest major airport is in Tyler, TX (TYR-Pounds Regional), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Longview, TX (GGG-East Texas Regional), 34.1 mi (54.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tyler
Cultural venues in the city include Liberty Hall, Cotton Belt Depot Museum, and Tyler Museum of Art. Favorite family attractions include Caldwell Zoo and Waterpark at the Villages. The city's natural beauty is on display at Tyler State Park, Lake Palestine, and Rose Rudman Park.
In Tyler, you'll be able to select from 92 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler South - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Tyler - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Tyler - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Getting Around Tyler
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at City of Mineola Transportation Complex. Tyler may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Tyler
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Tyler gets about 46.65 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F