Visitors to Kilgore are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, sporting events, and museums.
- You'll find 92 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Longview
- The closest major airport is in Longview, TX (GGG-East Texas Regional), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tyler, TX (TYR-Pounds Regional), 31.3 mi (50.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kilgore
Cultural venues in the city include Anne Dean Turk Fine Arts Center, Rangerette Showcase and Museum, and East Texas Oil Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are World's Richest Acre Park and Van Cliburn Auditorium.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kilgore. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kilgore - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Comfort Suites Kilgore - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Kilgore - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kilgore
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 49.57 inches of rain falls on Kilgore each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F