Visiting Guana Island
Visitors to Guana Island are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include The Baths, Cane Garden Bay Beach, and White Bay Beach.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Tortola (EIS-Terrance B. Lettsome Intl.), 3.3 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Spanish Town (VIJ-Virgin Gorda), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guana Island
Notable places to visit in the larger region include The Baths, Cane Garden Bay Beach, and White Bay Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Annaberg Plantation and Bitter End Gardens.
As you start planning your visit to Guana Island, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Guana Island is located in central Guana Island. This 4-star resort in Guana Island features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Maria's By the Sea Hotel is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Road Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection is located within 4.9 mi (7.9 km) of the city center. This 5-star hotel in Scrub Island features a marina, 3 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Trunk Bay, 15.5 mi/24.9 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Guana Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Guana Island gets about 39.33 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 73°F