Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hammond, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodations in Hammond
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 37.8 mi (60.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Baton Rouge, LA (BTR-Baton Rouge Metropolitan), 41.4 mi (66.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hammond
The city's cultural venues include Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum and Louisiana Children's Discovery Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Tickfaw State Park, Fontainebleau State Park, and Zemurray Park. Golfing is a top activity, and Covington Trailhead is one place to visit.
In Hammond, you'll find 57 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Southern Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Holiday Inn Express Covington-Madisonville - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Villas at Carter Plantation - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a conference center, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
Getting Around Hammond
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Hammond Station. Hammond might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hammond
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Hammond gets about 62.91 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F