Find Hotels in New Orleans, LA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $44
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in New Orleans
4.5/5Wonderful!(9,221 area reviews)
One of New Orleans’ oldest neighborhoods is popular for an ecclectic blend of romantic history, stunning architecture, jazz and black arts.
Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(8,219 area reviews)
The fantastic nightlife and great live music are just a few highlights of Central Business District. Make a stop by Canal Street or Harrah's New Orleans Casino while you're exploring the area.
5/5Exceptional!(40 area reviews)
This historic area was named to remember the plantation lands upon which the city was built.
4/5Very Good!(890 area reviews)
Get to the heart of modern New Orleans and explore renovated warehouses and modern galleries in this chic district.
Uptown Historic District
4/5Very Good!(263 area reviews)
The abundant dining options and colorful gardens are top of the list for many visitors to Uptown Historic District. A stop by Magazine Street or Prytania Theatre might round out your trip.
Visiting New Orleans
History buffs will enjoy exploring New Orleans, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its bars, art, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Canal Street, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, and Jackson Square.
- There are 1636 hotels and other accommodations in New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Orleans
Known for its live music, jazz scene, and museums, the city's cultural venues include National World War II Museum, Mardi Gras World, and Audubon Insectarium. Attractions like Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Zoo, and Audubon Nature Institute are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Bourbon Street, Cafe Du Monde, and Frenchmen Street.
In New Orleans, there are 1636 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn at the Old Jail - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star inn in Treme can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and a library, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- R&B Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Faubourg Marigny can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Marigny Manor House - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Faubourg Marigny features free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other favorite sights in New Orleans include Canal Street, Jackson Square, and Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Getting Around New Orleans
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal or Slidell Station. New Orleans might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for New Orleans
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- About 66.61 inches of rain falls on New Orleans each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in New Orleans?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in New Orleans, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to New Orleans?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in New Orleans?
What's the best place to stay in French Quarter?
What's a favorite place to stay in Garden District?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to New Orleans?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation in New Orleans?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in New Orleans?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in New Orleans?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Mercedes-Benz Superdome?
Recent reviews of New Orleans hotels
More trip options
- New Orleans Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near New Orleans Airports
- Hotels in New Orleans Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular New Orleans Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in New Orleans
- More Hotel Options in New Orleans
- New Orleans Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Louisiana
- Other Hotels near New Orleans, Louisiana
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends