Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Gonzales, which is also known for its shopping and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 154 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Baton Rouge
- The closest major airport is in Baton Rouge, LA (BTR-Baton Rouge Metropolitan), 25.1 mi (40.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gonzales
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tanger Outlet Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Premier Lanes and Lil Bambinos Playtorium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gonzales. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Gonzales - Baton Rouge Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Gonzales, LA - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Gonzales
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Gonzales gets about 61.30 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F