Visitors to Ponchatoula are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, sporting events, and sightseeing tours.
- You'll find 50 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hammond
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Baton Rouge, LA (BTR-Baton Rouge Metropolitan), 42 mi (67.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ponchatoula
Places to visit in the larger region include Zemurray Park, Louisiana Children's Discovery Center, and Southeastern Louisiana University. In the area, you'll also find Independence Italian Cultural Museum and Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
Dressing for Ponchatoula
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 75°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 39°F at night
- Ponchatoula gets about 62.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 40°F