Visitors to LaPlace are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and jazz scene. Top sights in the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Jackson Square, and National World War II Museum.
- You'll find 1324 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in LaPlace
Places to visit in the larger region include Whitney Plantation, Destrehan Plantation, and St. Charles Parish West Bank Bridge Park. In the area, you'll also find Imtt Field and Susan Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in LaPlace. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Laplace - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Laplace - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laplace - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for LaPlace
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 64.37 inches of rain falls on LaPlace each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 44°F