Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Covington, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and breweries.
- You'll find 44 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hammond
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 35.2 mi (56.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Covington
A favorite place to visit in the city is Abita Brewing Company. Additionally, you'll find Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum and Fontainebleau State Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Covington. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Southern Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Covington, LA - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Covington - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Dressing for Covington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 62.91 inches of rain falls on Covington each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F