Families will find kid-friendly activities in Slidell, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights in the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Jackson Square, and National World War II Museum.
- You'll find 1324 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 34.7 mi (55.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Slidell
Taking local tours is a top activity, and Oak Harbor Golf Club is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Fort Pike State Historic Site and Honey Island Swamp.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Slidell. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Slidell - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Homewood Suites Slidell - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Holiday Inn Express Slidell - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Slidell
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Slidell Station. Slidell may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Slidell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Slidell gets about 62.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 42°F