Helen Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 16 economical motels in Helen among more than 689 lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Helen. Top sights include Lake Lanier and Chattahoochee National Forest.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, customized neon signs often lit up the roadside motels, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find an outdoor pool and free parking.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite Helen motels available to book:
Econo Lodge Helen
- Stay within a short 8-minute drive of Chattahoochee National Forest.
- Enjoy access to the seasonal outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Red Roof Inn Helen
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 11 minutes of Chattahoochee National Forest by car.
Baymont by Wyndham Helen
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and a manager's reception.
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of Chattahoochee National Forest.
SureStay Hotel by Best Western Helen Downtown
- It's located within a quick 3-minute drive of Chattahoochee National Forest.
- An indoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Riverbend Motel & Cabins
- Stay within a quick 2-minute drive of Chattahoochee National Forest.
- Enjoy access to the picnic area, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Helen
While you're sightseeing in the area, be sure to enjoy its majestic mountain landscape and beautiful waterfalls. People visiting Helen like its entertainment venues, live music, and wineries.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Lake Lanier
- Chattahoochee National Forest
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Unicoi Hill Park
- Unicoi State Park
- Smithgall Woods State Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Helen Waterpark
- North Georgia Zoo
- Chestatee Wildlife Preserve & Zoo
Helen is also known for its:
- Bird watching
Best Time to Visit Helen
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Helen by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 64° F and nighttime temperatures average 24° F
- April-June: 84° F is the daytime average and 37° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 85° F and nighttime averages are around 49° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 74° F during the day and 25° F at night
- Average rainfall is 55.98 inches in a year