Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hinckley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its bars, spas, and sporting events. Jewry Wall, Leicester Cathedral, and New Walk Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Hinckley
- The closest major airport is in Coventry (CVT), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hinckley
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Jewry Wall, Leicester Cathedral, and New Walk Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Highcross Shopping Centre and Ashby de la Zouch Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hinckley. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Jurys Inn Hinckley Island - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
A top sight outside the city is National Exhibition Centre, 15.6 mi/25.1 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Hinckley
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Hinckley Station. Hinckley may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Hinckley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Hinckley gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F