Visiting Houghton Lake
Travelers to Houghton Lake give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals.
- You'll find 117 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grayling
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 50.3 mi (80.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Houghton Lake
A couple of favorite places to visit are Pineview Highlands Golf Course and Quest Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find White Deer Country Club and Tamaracks Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Houghton Lake. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Beachfront Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Lakeside Resort and Conference Center - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a free water park, along with free WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Houghton Lake - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Houghton Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 9°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 13°F at night
- About 28.78 inches of rain falls on Houghton Lake each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°F