Travelers give high marks for the lakeside setting in Grayling, which is also known for its golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe. A top sight in the city is Lake Huron.
- There are 149 hotels and other accommodations in Grayling
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 42.7 mi (68.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grayling
Cultural venues in the city include Grayling Fish Hatchery, Call of the Wild Museum, and Otsego County Historical Museum. Notable city landmarks like Crawford County Historical Museum and Kirtland's Warbler Historical Marker might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Huron, Hartwick Pines State Park, and Otsego Lake State Park.
In Grayling, there are 149 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Gaylord - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gaylord - Our customers like the central location and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Waters Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Grayling
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 7°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Grayling gets about 33.58 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F