Visiting Johnson City
Travelers to Johnson City give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, sporting events, and university setting.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tri-Cities
- The closest major airport is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 31 mi (50 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Johnson City
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Johnson City Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and East Tennessee State University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Freedom Hall Civic Center to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Johnson City. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Carnegie Hotel & Spa - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard Marriott Johnson City - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Johnson City - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Johnson City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.06 inches of rain falls on Johnson City each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F