Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kent, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Glass, Pike Place Market, and Nordstrom.
- You'll find 1027 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Seattle
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Renton, WA (RNT-Renton Municipal), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kent
The city's natural beauty is on display at Hogan Park, East Hill Park, and Van Doren's Landing Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Kent Station and Kent Farmers Market. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are ShoWare Center and Kent Valley Ice Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Kent. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Seattle - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Best Western Plus Plaza by the Green - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Towneplace Suites By Marriott Seattle Southcenter - This 2.5-star aparthotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its WiFi and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Museum of Glass, located 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center, and Pike Place Market, which is 16.1 mi/25.9 km away.
Dressing for Kent
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Kent gets about 37.44 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F