Visiting Khao Thong
Visitors can enjoy all that Khao Thong has to offer including the waterfront and golf courses. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Khlong Muang Beach, Nopparat Thara Beach, and Ao Nang Beach.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Khao Thong
- The closest major airport is in Krabi (KBV-Krabi Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Khao Thong
The picturesque setting of Ao Thalane and Cape Nose Buffalo at Krabi exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Khlong Muang Beach and Nopparat Thara Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Khao Thong. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Pooltara Resort Krabi is located in central Khao Thong. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Krabi can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Tha Lane Bay Villa is located 3 mi (4.9 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Krabi can enjoy access to a winery and a restaurant, along with a private pool.
- Villa Thalanena By The Beach is located within 3.4 mi (5.5 km) of the city center. This 4-star resort in Krabi features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Ao Nang Beach, 9 mi/14.5 km from the city center, and Khao Khanap Nam, which is 10.3 mi (16.7 km) away.
Dressing for Khao Thong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Khao Thong gets about 84.50 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F