Travelers to Kopavogur give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its local tours, northern lights, and lakeside setting. Hallgrimskirkja, Perlan, and National Museum of Iceland are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 353 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reykjavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 3 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.), 24 mi (38.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kopavogur
Attractions like Sundlaugin Versolum Swimming Pool and Viking Horses are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Smaralind is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Salurinn Kopavogur Concert Hall and Kopavogur Art Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Kopavogur. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Blue Mountain Apartments - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its dining options and quiet location.
- Lux Apart - Our customers love the comfortable and quiet rooms at this apartment. This 3-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Hotel Kriunes - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Hallgrimskirkja, located 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city center, and Perlan, which is 2.6 mi (4.2 km) away.
Dressing for Kopavogur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 48°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kopavogur is 30.71 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 56°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F