Find Hotels in Kurama
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $19
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2020
Reviewed on Jun 16, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 26, 2019
Reviewed on Jul 5, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 28, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Kurama has to offer including the mountain views and temples. The relaxing and culturally-rich setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle, and Kiyomizu Temple.
- There are 1744 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 45.2 mi (72.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kurama
Notable city landmarks like Yuki Shrine and Kurama-dera Temple might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Kurama Hot Spring to your agenda.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kurama Onsen - This 3.5-star ryokan features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Kyoto Imperial Palace, 6.4 mi/10.3 km from the heart of the city, and Nijo Castle, which is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) away.
Getting Around Kurama
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Kibuneguchi station. Kurama may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kurama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.47 inches of rain falls on Kurama each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Kurama?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kurama, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Kurama?
Where is the best place to stay near Kurama-dera Temple?
What about the best place to stay near Kurama Hot Spring?
What are some hotels with pools in Kurama?
Recent reviews of Kurama hotels
More trip options
- Kurama Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kurama Airports
- Hotels in Kurama Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Kurama Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Kurama
- More Hotel Options in Kurama
- More Popular Hotels in Kyoto
- Other Hotels near Kurama, Kyoto
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends