Find Motels in La Jolla
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in La Jolla
When it's time for an affordable family getaway, a simple solo escape, or a weekend away with your special someone, book a La Jolla motel. To discover why this is a region gains popularity each day, enjoy top-notch amenities and explore interesting attractions. Settle into a unique cafè or garden nearby and while away the day, or stay on your feet visiting top attractions that draw a handful of devoted visitors to La Jolla. You're about to find out why both locals and travelers love this place.
The Perfect Motel at the Perfect Price
Motels are in high demand in La Jolla. You'll find the best deals right here, so book early and save on a great getaway. Thanks to several convenient locations and comfortable amenities, you'll find accommodation that suits your vacation style. Be one of the first travelers to post a review and share your experience. So, savor the comfort of a well-kept room and attentive hospitality. When you book with Expedia, you can stay all over the world, and the globe-trotting starts in La Jolla.
Reserve a Stay in a Motel
Plan your trip to La Jolla now with Expedia's easy online travel booking and start relaxing before you even leave the house. Recently, this region has seen fewer visitors than in the past year. Take advantage of the motel availability and easy-going atmosphere.
Other property types in La Jolla
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Reviewed on Sep 28, 2020
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2020
La Jolla Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 228 hotels and other lodging choices in La Jolla, though you'll find just 3 economical motels. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in La Jolla. Not-to-be-missed sights include La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Shores Park, and Birch Aquarium.
Fun fact: Starting in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you'll often find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated La Jolla motels available to book:
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of La Jolla Cove and Windansea Beach.
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of La Jolla Cove and Windansea Beach.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Mission Beach and Mission Bay.
What to Do in La JollaWhile you're sightseeing around the area, enjoy its scenic seaside and top-notch restaurants. Visitors like La Jolla for its aquarium.
Here are some popular places:
- La Jolla Cove
- La Jolla Shores Park
- Birch Aquarium
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Black's Beach
- Windansea Beach
- Torrey Pines State Reserve
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Belmont Park
- Hotel Circle
La Jolla is also notable for its:
- University life
- Bird watching
Best Time to Visit La JollaDetermine the perfect time for your visit to La Jolla by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically September and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 66° F and nighttime temperatures average 48° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 54° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 75° F and nighttime averages are around 62° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 74° F during the day and 47° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.35 inches in a year
How to Get to La Jolla and Around the Area
|San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field)||Airport||7.4 mi (11.9 km)|
|San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.)||Airport||9.5 mi (15.2 km)|
|San Diego, CA (SEE-Gillespie Field)||Airport||16.4 mi (26.4 km)|