Find Motels in Encinitas
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Encinitas
Other property types in Encinitas
Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2020
Rodeway Inn Encinitas North
Reviewed on Sep 9, 2020
Leucadia Beach Inn
Reviewed on Nov 9, 2020
Encinitas Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from more than 126 hotels and other lodging choices in Encinitas, though there are only 2 economical motels. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Encinitas. Not-to-be-missed sights include Moonlight State Beach in Encinitas, as well as Legoland California and Carlsbad Premium Outlets in the area.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and examples today can still be seen along historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find a free parking spot and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers' best-rated Encinitas motels to choose from:
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of Moonlight State Beach.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a quick 3-minute drive of Moonlight State Beach.
Things to Do in EncinitasEnjoy the seafood restaurants and cafés in this walkable area while you're sightseeing. Those who've visited Encinitas love the beaches.
Here are favorite places in and around Encinitas:
- Moonlight State Beach
- Legoland California
- Carlsbad Premium Outlets
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- Swamis Beach
- San Elijo State Beach
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Birch Aquarium
- Sealife Aquarium
Encinitas is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit EncinitasDetermine the perfect time for your visit to Encinitas by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically September and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 66° F and nighttime temperatures average 48° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 54° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 75° F and nighttime averages are around 62° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 74° F during the day and 47° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.35 inches in a year
How to Get to Encinitas and Around the Area
|Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar)||Airport||4.7 mi (7.6 km)|
|San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field)||Airport||18.5 mi (29.7 km)|
|San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.)||Airport||22.9 mi (36.8 km)|