Visiting La Paz
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in La Paz, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Balandra Beach and La Ventana Beach.
- There are 237 hotels and other accommodations in La Paz
- The closest major airport is in La Paz, Baja California Sur (LAP-Manuel Marquez de Leon Intl.), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in La Paz
Cultural venues in the city include Whale Museum, Anthropology and History Museum of Baja California Sur, and Biblioteca de la Historia de las Californias. The city is notable for landmarks like Malecon Kiosk, Punta Arenas Lighthouse, and Constitution Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Balandra Beach, La Ventana Beach, and Pichilingue Beach.
In La Paz, there are 237 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Kootenay Waterfront BnB - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Casa al Mar - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Central Bed & Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for La Paz
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 92°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for La Paz is 7.09 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F