Visitors to Leeds are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and golf courses. Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Sloss Furnaces, and Vulcan Statue are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 163 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leeds
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to The Outlet Shops of Grand River and Bama Flea Mall & Antique Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Barber Motorsports Park and Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Leeds. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Birmingham Leeds - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn And Suites - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Birmingham Botanical Gardens, 12.3 mi/19.8 km from the city center, and Sloss Furnaces, which is 13 mi (21 km) away.
Dressing for Leeds
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Leeds gets about 53.70 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 35°F