History buffs will enjoy exploring Lexington, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the city include George Washington National Forest and Jefferson National Forest.
- There are 64 hotels and other accommodations in Lexington
- The closest major airport is in Hot Springs, VA (HSP-Ingalls Field), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lynchburg, VA (LYH-Lynchburg Regional), 34.1 mi (54.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lexington
Cultural venues in the city include VMI Museum, Natural Bridge Wax Museum, and George C. Marshall Museum. Attractions like Virginia Safari Park and Natural Bridge Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Stonewall Jackson House, Stonewall Jackson Memorial Cemetery, and Lee Chapel and Museum.
In Lexington, you'll be able to select from 64 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Georges - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Wingate by Wyndham Lexington - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Other top sights in Lexington include George Washington National Forest and Jefferson National Forest. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Wintergreen Resort, 28.8 mi/46.3 km from the city center.
Dressing for Lexington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- About 41.61 inches of rain falls on Lexington each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 26°F