Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Lyndhurst, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful forests and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Beaulieu National Motor Museum, Southampton Maritime Museum, and Salisbury Cathedral.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Lyndhurst
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 11.8 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lyndhurst
The forests and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Rufus Stone and Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bramshaw Golf Club and New Forest Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Lyndhurst. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Crown Manor House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Penny Farthing Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Stag Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Top places to visit around the area include Beaulieu National Motor Museum, 8.7 mi/13.9 km from the heart of the city, and Southampton Maritime Museum, which is 9.3 mi (15 km) away.
Dressing for Lyndhurst
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Lyndhurst gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F