Families will find kid-friendly activities in Manchester, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Bushnell Park and Mark Twain House.
- You'll find 138 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 7.1 mi (11.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 13.6 mi (21.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manchester
The city's natural beauty is on display at Charter Oak Park, Case Mountain, and Wickham Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Manchester Parkade is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cheney Homestead Museum and Lutz Children's Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Manchester. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Manchester - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Residence Inn By Marriott Hartford Manchester - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford - Manchester - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to visit in the area include Bushnell Park, located 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city center, and Mark Twain House, which is 9.3 mi (15 km) away.
Dressing for Manchester
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 43.62 inches of rain falls on Manchester each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F