Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mankato, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, university setting, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Verizon Wireless Center.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Mankato
- The closest major airport is in Minneapolis, MN (FCM-Flying Cloud), 53.5 mi (86.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mankato
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Carnegie Art Center, St. James Salutators Railroad Museum Park, and Betsy & Tacy's House Tours & Gift Shop. Notable city landmarks like Wanda Gag House and Hermann the German might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sibley Park, Minneopa State Park, and Flandrau State Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Mankato. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Sleepy Eye - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Motel 6 Mankato, MN - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, a 24-hour business center, and a 24-hour front desk.
- AmericInn by Wyndham St. Peter - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Mankato include Verizon Wireless Center.
Dressing for Mankato
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 4°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 6°F at night
- Mankato gets about 32.36 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°F