Visitors to Martinsville are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and university setting. Top sights in the area include Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art.
- You'll find 387 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Indianapolis
- The closest major airport is in Indianapolis, IN (IND-Indianapolis Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Martinsville
A couple of favorite places to visit are Cedar Creek Winery and Morgan-Monroe State Forest. In the area, you'll also find Oliver Winery and Chateau Thomas Winery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Martinsville. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Martinsville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Martinsville Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Martinsville - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Indianapolis Motor Speedway, located 26.2 mi (42.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Lucas Oil Stadium, which is 25.8 mi (41.6 km) away.
Dressing for Martinsville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 42.48 inches of rain falls on Martinsville each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F