Find Hotels in Indianapolis, IN
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 16, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 25, 2020
Where to stay in Indianapolis
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,481 area reviews)
Attend professional sports events, tour parks filled with museums and historical landmarks and enjoy both traditional and contemporary theater scenes.
The fascinating museums and prominent monuments are top of the list for many visitors to Mile Square. A stop by Bankers Life Fieldhouse or Circle Center Mall might round out your trip.
Mapleton/Fall Creek is well-liked for its museums and live music. If you're hoping to see more of the larger area, Children's Museum of Indianapolis and Indiana State Fairgrounds and Pepsi Coliseum are some interesting sights nearby to check out.
If you're spending some time in Lockerbie Square, Lockerbie Square Historic District and James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home are top sights worth seeing.
Travelers to Indianapolis give high marks for the fun sporting events, entertainment choices, and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, art, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, and Lucas Oil Stadium.
- There are 593 hotels and other accommodations in Indianapolis
- The closest major airport is in Indianapolis, IN (IND-Indianapolis Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Muncie, IN (MIE-Delaware County), 52.1 mi (83.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Indianapolis
Known for its museums, live music, and art, the city's cultural venues include Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, NCAA Hall of Champions, and Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Attractions like Indianapolis Zoo, SportZone, and Great Times Fun Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Murat Center, Soldiers and Sailors Monument, and Indiana War Memorial.
In Indianapolis, there are 593 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Indianapolis Westfield - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hotel Broad Ripple - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 3.5-star inn in Washington Township features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Nestle Inn - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Indianapolis can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Indianapolis include Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Stadium, and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Getting Around Indianapolis
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Indianapolis Station. Indianapolis might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Indianapolis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Average annual rainfall for Indianapolis is 42.48 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Indianapolis?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Indianapolis, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Indianapolis?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Indianapolis?
What's the best place to stay in Downtown Indianapolis?
What's a favorite place to stay in Castleton?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to Indianapolis?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation in Indianapolis?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Indianapolis?
What's the best hotel to stay near Lucas Oil Stadium?
What about the best place to stay near Bankers Life Fieldhouse?
What are some hotels with pools in Indianapolis?
Recent reviews of Indianapolis hotels
More trip options
- Indianapolis Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Indianapolis Airports
- Hotels in Indianapolis Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Indianapolis Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Indianapolis
- More Hotel Options in Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Indiana
- Other Hotels near Indianapolis, Indiana
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends