Visitors can enjoy all that Massa has to offer including the spas, mountain views, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, theme park, and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Doria Castle.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in Massa
- The closest major airport is in Pisa (PSA-Galileo Galilei), 26.7 mi (43 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Massa
The city is notable for landmarks like Renaissance Ducal Palace, Cathedral of Massa, and Rifugio Antiaereo. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza degli Aranci and Piazza Mercurio.
In Massa, you'll find 59 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stella della Versilia - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Villa Tiziana - Our customers like the breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Luna - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Doria Castle, 15.3 mi/24.7 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Massa
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Massa Centro Station. Massa might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Massa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Massa is 1.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 40°F