Visitors can enjoy all that McKellar has to offer including its golf courses. There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in McKellar
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ridge at Manitou. Additionally, you'll find Parry Sound Golf and Country Club and Parry Sound Mall in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to McKellar, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 29 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Parry Sound is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the center of McKellar. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Otter Lake can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Brunswick Hotel Complex is 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from central McKellar. This 3.5-star hotel in Parry Sound features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Quiet Bay Log Motel & Bed and Breakfast is located 15 mi (24.1 km) from the heart of McKellar. This 2.5-star motel in Magnetawan features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for McKellar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 42°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- McKellar gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F