Travelers to Mobile give high marks for the fun sporting events, college vibe, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music and museums. Top sights in the city include Mobile Cruise Terminal, Gulf Coast Exploreum, and History Museum of Mobile.
- There are 206 hotels and other accommodations in Mobile
- The closest major airport is in Mobile, AL (BFM-Downtown Airport), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mobile, AL (MOB-Mobile Regional), 12 mi (19.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mobile
The city is well known for its live music and museums, and cultural venues include Gulf Coast Exploreum, History Museum of Mobile, and National African American Archives and Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Dauphin Street, Bienville Square, and Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. The city's natural beauty is on display at Mobile Botanical Gardens, Bellingrath Gardens and Home, and Mobile Bay.
In Mobile, you'll find 206 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fort Conde Inn - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Central Business District can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Saraland Mobile AL - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mobile Saraland - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Mobile include Mobile Cruise Terminal, Oakleigh Historic Complex, and USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Fort Gaines, located 30.7 mi (49.5 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Mobile
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Mobile gets about 66.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 41°F