Visiting Mountain Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Mountain Lake has to offer including the mountain views, opera houses, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Roanoke, VA (ROA-Roanoke Regional), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mountain Lake
A favorite place to visit in the city is Jefferson National Forest. In the area, you'll also find Cascade Falls and Giles Country Club.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Mountain Lake Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
Dressing for Mountain Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 38.27 inches of rain falls on Mountain Lake each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 21°F