Visiting Maggie Valley
Travelers to Maggie Valley give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its ski areas and casinos.
- You'll find 586 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cherokee
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 54 mi (86.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maggie Valley
The city's mountain views, riverfront, and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Soco Falls. Skiing is a top activity, and Cataloochee Ski Area is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maggie Valley Gem Mine and Maggie Valley Opry House.
In Maggie Valley, there are 139 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Cardinal Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cabins at Twinbrook Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and local sightseeing at this cabin. With a stay at this 3-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Chalet Motel & Apts - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and WiFi.
Dressing for Maggie Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Maggie Valley gets about 54.21 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F