Find Cheap Hostels in Nantucket
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Other property types in Nantucket
White Elephant Hotel
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2020
Jared Coffin House
Reviewed on Sep 30, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find an affordable place to stay in Nantucket, there are 106 accommodation options here to pick from, including hostels. These dorm-style accommodations come in lots of forms, but all of them have a few qualities in common:
- Budget prices
- A social environment
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
By staying at a hostel in Nantucket, you can reduce your spending on accommodations and save more of your trip funds for sightseeing during your vacation. You can enjoy activities like biking, and the island views create an appealing natural setting.
Hostels in Nantucket
Still deciding where to stay in Nantucket? This hostel is popular:
HI Nantucket - Guests can enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and a shared/communal kitchen.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Nantucket?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you want to venture out and explore, so here's some information about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 47° F and nighttime temperatures average 25° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 76° F and nighttime averages are around 52° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 65° F during the day and 27° F at night
- Average rainfall is 44.49 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Nantucket?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might enjoy these places to visit:Natural Features
- Children's Beach
- Greater Light Garden
- Lily Pond Park
- Dreamland Film and Performing Arts Center
- Theatre Workshop of Nantucket
- Whaling Museum
- Nantucket Atheneum
- White Heron Theatre
- Maria Mitchell Aquarium
Generally, Nantucket is known for its:
- Cocktail bars
How to Get to Nantucket and Around the Area
You can fly into the closest airport in Nantucket, MA (ACK-Nantucket Memorial), 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city center. Another option is Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), located 27.6 mi (44.5 km) away.