Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Nantucket, which is also known for its museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cocktail bars and local tours.
- There are 106 hotels and other accommodations in Nantucket
- The closest major airport is in Nantucket, MA (ACK-Nantucket Memorial), 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nantucket
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Whaling Museum, Maria Mitchell Aquarium, and Hadwen House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Children's Beach, Greater Light Garden, and Lily Pond Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nantucket Atheneum and Dreamland Film and Performing Arts Center.
In Nantucket, there are 106 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Union Street Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- 76 Main - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sherburne Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds and walkable location.
Dressing for Nantucket
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 44.49 inches of rain falls on Nantucket each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F