Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Negombo, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. A top sight in the city is Negombo Beach.
- There are 266 hotels and other accommodations in Negombo
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Negombo
The city is notable for landmarks like Angurukaramulla Temple, St.Mary's Church, and St. Sebastian's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Negombo Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maris Stella College and Ave Maria Convent.
In Negombo, you'll find 266 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Hundira - This 3-star villa features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and high-quality beds.
- Hotel Villa kapuru - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Villa Shade - This 2.5-star villa features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting Around Negombo
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Railway Station Negombo. Negombo might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Negombo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 2.44 inches of rain falls on Negombo each year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F