Visiting Nevada City
Visitors to Nevada City are sure to enjoy the riverfront, restaurants, and forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, bars, and theaters.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grass Valley
- The closest major airport is in Marysville, CA (MYV-Yuba County), 31.4 mi (50.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 46.8 mi (75.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nevada City
Cultural venues in the city include Off Broadstreet Theatre, Nevada Theatre, and Historic Firehouse No. 1 Museum. The riverfront and forests exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Scotts Flat Lake and Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nevada City Firehouse No. 2 and Nevada City Chamber of Commerce.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Nevada City. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Deer Creek Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Harmony Ridge Lodge - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this lodge. This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Northern Queen Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Nevada City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Nevada City gets about 62.01 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F