Visitors can enjoy all that Colfax has to offer including the mountain views and coffeehouses. The relaxing and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 58 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grass Valley
- The closest major airport is in Marysville, CA (MYV-Yuba County), 34.1 mi (54.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 44.8 mi (72.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Colfax
A couple of favorite places to visit are Colfax Area Heritage Museum and Sierra Vista Community Center. Additionally, you'll find Lucchesi Vineyards and Winery and DarkHorse Golf Club in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Sierra Sun Cloud Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Colfax
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Colfax Station. Colfax may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Colfax
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Colfax gets about 62.01 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F