Visiting New Glarus
Visitors can enjoy all that New Glarus has to offer including the golf courses, restaurants, and museums. Top sights in the area include Wisconsin State Capitol, Wisconsin Historical Museum, and Chazen Museum of Art.
- You'll find 141 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Madison
- The closest major airport is in Madison, WI (MSN-Dane County Regional), 26.9 mi (43.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Glarus
Favorite places to visit in the city include Swiss Historical Village, Swissland Miniature Golf, and New Glarus Brewing Company. Additionally, you might want to add Argue-Ment Golf Course to your agenda.
As you plan for your vacation to New Glarus, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 90 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West is 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the center of New Glarus. This 3-star hotel in Madison features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Edgewater is 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from central New Glarus. This 4.5-star hotel in Madison features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and a fitness center. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club is located 22.4 mi (36 km) from the heart of New Glarus. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Madison can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
Dressing for New Glarus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- About 37.95 inches of rain falls on New Glarus each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F