Visiting Wisconsin Dells
Travelers to Wisconsin Dells give high marks for the water parks, riverfront, and theme park. Walkable and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its entertainment choices, zoo, and golf courses. Top sights in the city include Noah's Ark Waterpark, Top Secret, and Christmas Mountain.
- There are 285 hotels and other accommodations in Wisconsin Dells
- The closest major airport is in Madison, WI (MSN-Dane County Regional), 40.2 mi (64.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wisconsin Rapids, WI (ISW-South Wood County), 50.8 mi (81.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wisconsin Dells
Cultural venues in the city include Ripley's Believe It or Not, Rick Wilcox Magic Theater, and Palace Theater. Families come for the water parks and theme park, specifically attractions such as Noah's Ark Waterpark, Top Secret, and Wizard Quest. The city is notable for landmarks like German Glockenspiel, Historic Indian Agency House, and Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters.
In Wisconsin Dells, you'll be able to select from 285 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Cedar Lodge and Settlement - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. This 2.5-star resort features a private beach, an outdoor pool, and a free casino shuttle.
- Bluegreen Christmas Mountain Village, an Ascend Resort - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Wisconsin Dells include Christmas Mountain, Cascade Mountain Ski Area, and Devil's Head Ski Resort.
Getting Around Wisconsin Dells
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Wisconsin Dells Station or Portage Station. Wisconsin Dells may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wisconsin Dells
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Wisconsin Dells is 36.02 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F