Visitors can enjoy all that Newcastle has to offer including the festivals, casinos, and opera houses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and art. Top sights around the area include Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Myriad Botanical Gardens, and Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- You'll find 319 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oklahoma City
- The closest major airport is in Oklahoma City, OK (OKC-Will Rogers World), 10 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oklahoma City, OK (PWA-Wiley Post), 19.3 mi (31 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle
A favorite place to visit in the city is Newcastle Casino. Additionally, in the area you'll find Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium and Myriad Botanical Gardens.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Newcastle - Oklahoma City - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Chesapeake Energy Arena, located 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the city center, and Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, which is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away.
Dressing for Newcastle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 38.86 inches of rain falls on Newcastle each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 29°F