Visiting North Conway
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Conway, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas, and shopping. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Cranmore Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain Ski Area, and Mount Washington State Park.
- There are 110 hotels and other accommodations in North Conway
- The closest major airport is in Fryeburg, ME (FRY-Eastern Slopes Regional), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Whitefield, NH (HIE-Mount Washington Regional), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Conway
The mountain views, forests, and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Schouler Park and Echo Lake State Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Northway Plaza Shopping Center and Settlers' Green Outlet Village. Top activities include skiing and golfing, while Cranmore Mountain Resort is one place to visit.
In North Conway, you'll find 110 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Spruce Moose Lodge and Cottages - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a nightclub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn And Suites - Our customers like the central location and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- White Birch Inn of North Conway - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and bathrooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Wildcat Mountain Ski Area, located 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Mount Washington State Park, which is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) away.
Dressing for North Conway
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 4°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 38°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 7°F
- About 48.74 inches of rain falls on North Conway each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 7°F