Visiting North Sealand
Visitors to North Sealand are sure to enjoy the art and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and forests. Top sights around the area include Deer Park, City2 Shopping Center, and Parken Stadium.
- There are 262 hotels and other accommodations in North Sealand
- The closest major airport is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 25.6 mi (41.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Helsingborg (AGH-Angelholm), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Sealand
Well-known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Karen Blixen Museum, and Open Air Museum (Frilandsmuseet). The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Frederiksborg Palace, Fredensborg Palace (Fredensborg Slot), and Kronborg Slot (Elsinore Castle). The city's natural beauty is on display at Deer Park, Farum Park, and Tisvildeleje Beach.
In North Sealand, you'll be able to select from 262 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Bretagne - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Rungstedgaard - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Femhøj - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include City2 Shopping Center, 19.1 mi/30.8 km from the city center, and Danish National Gallery, which is 20.7 mi/33.3 km away.
Getting Around North Sealand
With so many transportation options, exploring North Sealand is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Allerød S-Train Station, Frederikssund S-Train Station, and Birkerød S-Train Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Hillerod Brodeskov Station, Gorlose Station, or Hillerød Station.
Dressing for North Sealand
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 27°F at night
- About 23.70 inches of rain falls on North Sealand each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F