Visitors can enjoy all that Omachi has to offer including the ski areas, parks, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, theaters, and lakeside setting. Daio Wasabi Farm, Kappa Bridge, and Nagano Prefectural Museum of History are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Omachi
- The closest major airport is in Toyama (TOY), 34.2 mi (55 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Omachi
Cultural venues in the city include Omachi Energy Museum, Shiki Theater Museum, and Sake Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Tkase Valley, Omachi Onsen-kyo, and Omachi Sports Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Omachi Dam and Alps Azumino National Government Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Omachi. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Keisui - With a stay at this 3.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kurobe Kanko Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to public transit at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Alpine Route Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free ski shuttle, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Nagano Olympic Stadium, located 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the city center, and Daio Wasabi Farm, which is 13.5 mi/21.7 km away.
Getting Around Omachi
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Shinanoomachi station. Omachi might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Omachi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 25°F at night
- About 44.68 inches of rain falls on Omachi each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F